What's happening around Saint Joan of Arc Catholic Church
If you have been away from the Church – we welcome you to St. Joan of Arc! Please know that we miss you and nothing can keep you from the love of Jesus! Our door is always open – please call Jan Marrah at 765-865-9964.
Lent 2017: The Word is a gift. Other persons are a gift.
We adore you, O Christ, and we praise you, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.
"Lent is a favorable season for deepening our spiritual life through the means of sanctification offered us by the Church: fasting, prayer and almsgiving. At the basis of everything is the word of God, which during this season we are invited to hear and ponder more deeply. I would now like to consider the parable of the rich man and Lazarus (cf. Lk 16:19-31). Let us find inspiration in this meaningful story, for it provides a key to understanding what we need to do in order to attain true happiness and eternal life. It exhorts us to sincere conversion." Excerpt from Pope Francis 2017 Lenten Message
We are encouraging every one “….Make Sacrifice and DO Something and Make This Your Best Lent Ever”!
What can you do this Lent?
1. Daily read The Black Book, a daily meditation book to aid you on your spiritual journey this Lent, given to each family on Ash Wednesday.
2. Attend the Way of the Cross each Friday (9:00 am, 2:15 and 7:00 pm).
3. Go to confession! Parish Lenten Penance Service is Thursday, March 16 at 7:00 pm.
4. Attend the Lenten Bible Study, Encountering the King & His Kingdom on Matthew 3-7 on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 - 8:30 pm or Friday mornings from 9:30 - 11:00.
5. Attend daily Mass at 8:15 am Monday – Friday and at 5:30 pm on Monday during Lent.
6. Spend time in Adoration with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament (Thursday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm); especially for men from 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
7. Register for FORMED.org and check out all the Catholic books, movies, CD's and programs that are available for FREE! Parish code is PKN6CY.
9. Participate in 40 Days for Life.